AN ORDINANCE OF SOUTHSIDE WATER AND SEWER DISTRICT, OF BONNER COUNTY, IDAHO, AMENDING AND RESTATING ORDINANCE #08-01, AS AMENDED BY ORDINANCE #09-02 AND #11-02, PROVIDING FOR ORDINANCE #08-01 SECTION 2 ‘DEFINITIONS’ TO INCLUDE THE DEFINITION OF ‘ON LINE’; TO AMEND THE WORDING OF ORDINANCE #08-01 SECTION 7 ‘SEWER RESTRICTIONS” ITEM 8 AND TO ADD ITEM 9 TO AMEND THE WORDING OF ORDINANCE #08-01 APPENDIX ‘A’ ITEM 2, 3, 7 AND 9 FOR CLARIFICATION.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF SOUTHSIDE WATER AND SEWER DISTRICT, BONNER COUNTY, IDAHO, THAT AMENDMENTS TO ORDINANCE #08-01, #09-02 AND #11-02 AS FOLLOW SHALL BECOME EFFECTIVE WHEN THE ORDINANCE IS ADOPTED BY THE BOARD.
- Amendment to Ordinance #08-01 Section 2 “Definitions” to add:
“On line”: (By customer type)
- · Water Only: At the point in time when District water is available to be used. In cases when for the convenience of the District or the customer the line is connected in advance of actual need or usage, District staff will shut the water off at the meter. In this case, “On Line” is defined as when District staff makes water available to the customer.
- · Sewer Only: When the customer's sewer line is attached to the District line. In cases when for the convenience of the District or the customer, the line is connected in advance of actual need, the customer and the District will agree in writing upon a date when billing is to commence prior to the physical hookup.
- · Water and Sewer Combined: When water is made available per Water Only above.
- Amendment to Ordinance #08-01 Section 7 “Sewer Use Restrictions” as follows:
- The District may prohibit or deny any sewer connection application if, in the opinion of the Board, the proposed use would discharge excessive flowage or detrimental substance, into the sewer system.
- The Board may require any pretreatment systems deemed necessary to protect the integrity and normal operation of the district’s collection and treatment systems. Such systems, if required, shall be constructed, owned and operated by the entity discharging into the district system. The District shall be allowed to inspect all such systems at any reasonable time and schedule maintenance as necessary. The entity shall be responsible for all cost and charges incurred for this maintenance.
3. Amendment to Appendix ‘A’ item 2, 3, 7 and 9 as follows:
2. Monthly Water Charge $33.60
Base rate includes 12,000 gallons of water. Overages are billed at $1.25 per 1,000 gal.
- Monthly Water Charge -Non User: $4.00
7. Disconnect Charge: A charge of $35.00 will apply to a water service disconnect or reconnect initiated by the District. A charge of $20.00 will apply each time a customer requests water service be turned off or on for their convenience. The monthly base water rate will still be charged.
9. Hook-up Charges:
Sewer: $500.00 Connection per ERU
Hook-up charge for sewer is due and payable upon the district’s authorization as required for a Bonner County Building Location Application Permit within the District.
Passed and adopted this__12th___day of August, 2015
Yea Nay Signature
__ __ _________________________ Jim Haynes, Chairman
__ __ _________________________ Bill Jones
__ __ _________________________ Brent Sleep
__ __ _________________________ Michael Mooney
__ __ _________________________ Dianna Erickson